Team FEMALE reveals their ultimate fave song and movie of the year!
If you’ve caught our October issues on the newsstands, then you’ll know it’s our superstar issue that’s all about movies and music! In the spirit of all things music, here are the jams that we can’t stop listening to!
1. “It def has to be Taylor Swift’s Look What You Made Me Do. I was bitter with Taylor for awhile for dating Tom Hiddleston but this year, I decided to let go of that and ok fine, her new song isn’t that bad after all.” – Sarah Hani Jamil
2. “Fluorescent Light by Stars! This track sounds like them at their best back in 2004, but all shiny and new.” – Yi-Di Ng
3. “I can’t get over how amazing Ed Sheeran’s Divide album is! And even when I’m in the loo, the song Bibia Be Ye Ye is stuck in my head.” – Ilicia Alias
4. “I’d go with Perfect by Ed Sheeran. Everyone knows how meticulous I am when it comes to details so this song is like the best way to depict how OCD I am in life.” – Yang Mei Ling
5. “The song God, Your Mama and Me by Florida Georgia Line and Backstreet Boys is the one song I can’t stop listening to. Never in a million years would I have imagined that my fave country duo would team up with my fav boyband from childhood. I hope they make more music together!” — Tammy Chan
6. “Passionfruit by Drake takes the cake for me! It’s such a good tune to chill with its R&B beats that you can just zone out. It’s also one of my soundtracks for my late night drives.” – Alya Zulkernai
7. “For me, it has to be I’m the One by DJ Khaled featuring Justin Bieber, Lil Wayne, Quavo and Chance The Rapper. I might look like a quiet person but behind closed doors, I love to bring out the wild side of me with songs like this!” – Lucy Tan
8. “It’s an easy one for me: …Ready For It? by Taylor Swift. I know her latest songs have been pretty controversial, but I really like her new sound! #teamtaylor” – Arielle Yen
9. “Rattlesnake by King Gizzard And The Lizard Wizard had a face, I’d totally make out with it wherever I am without caring about gender because I’m cool like that.” – Stephanie Liaw
10. “Getting up in the morning for work can be quite a drag especially if it’s Monday. All I need is a fast paced song that will make me hyper and yay, Despacito is def one of them!” – Vasenta Selvanayagam
11. “I’m guessing there quite a lot of Ed Sheeran fans from our team. Mine is Shape of You because the video is very different. After so long you get to see a white guy chase a dark skinned African-Chinese woman.” – Sharmila Valli Narayanan
12. “Mine would definitely be Loyalty by Kendrick Lamar featuring Rihanna; to have these power individuals collaborate on a song gives me a feeling that I can conquer anything that comes my way!” – Amalina Anuar
Listen to the entire playlist here: