Does your body feel a little rough these days? Need some body TLC at home?
Besides achieving smooth skin texture using body scrubs, you can also incorporate a dry body brushing.
If you’ve never heard about dry body brushing, well you’re in a for a treat. Dry body brushing is the act of using a body brush to help promote smoother and all around positive well being. It possesses several benefits to the body and health such as removing dead skin cells, detoxing, improve blood circulation, reducing cellulite visibility and stimulates lymph flow. This at-home spa treatment requires only about 3 to 5 minutes of your time in the shower.
How to do it?
1. Always remember to start from the bottom up and brush towards the centre of the body where your heart is.
2. Starting at the feet, press the brush firmly on to your skin and take long strokes on each section or move in a circular motion. If you feel pain that means you’re pressing it too hard cos you’re not supposed to feel like you’re sand paper-ing your skin to oblivion. Provide gentle strokes to get the best result.
3.When you’re brushing the tummy area, move the brush in counterclockwise. With a smaller and more softer bristle, you can also gently do this trick on the face.
4. It’s best to do it in the morning for its stimulating benefits. You can do it before showering or opt to do it afterwards with some body oil.
1. When you practice dry body brushing, your skin is more sensitive to the sun. So slather on a good amount of sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful rays.
2. Don’t let your effort go to waste, remember to hydrate your skin with moisturiser. You can also use body oil if your skin’s feeling extra dry.