We break down its best features for you… minus the geek speak.
If you haven’t heard, there’s a new smartphone in town – or at least on the other side of the world. Samsung has just released their latest smartphone, the Galaxy S4, but what most people are wondering is, “Is it better than the iPhone 5?”
Photo via Mashable
Well, according to most tech websites, Apple has nothing to fear, but there are a couple of things we like about this new baby and we’ve broken it down for you (minus all the geek speak).
- The GS4 has 13 megapixel camera (Instagram, here we come!) and a 2 megapixel front-facing camera (#selfie alert!)!
- The screen is now 5-inches wide but relatively thinner and lighter than the S3.
Photo via Wired
- There’s an eye-tracking technology where you can control the phone with your eyes. So for example, if you’re watching a video and you look away, it’ll pause and resume playing when you look back at it. You can also scroll pages on it with your eyes, although according to Mashable’s review, it’s technically more of a tilt-to-scroll than really using your eyes to go up and down a page.
- Air Gesture is another cool futuristic feature that the S4 has where you can perform actions with a wave of a finger. Think screens from those sci-fi movies but only smaller.
- It comes with a translator software that can recognise 9 languages! That would be useful for travelling.
For a more comprehensive look, here’s a chart from CNET that compares the specs between 4 different phones in the market now.
Source: CNET, Mashable, The Daily Mail
So, what do you think of the new Samsung Galaxy S4? Is it too cool or is it not as mind-blowing as you thought it would be? Leave a comment below and let us know!