Rather than checking out hot guys, we spend more time looking at other women instead!
Have you ever been suspicious of your man checking out another woman while you two were out on a date? Well, guess what? Chances are he’s not the only doing it. A new study has revealed that women actually spend more time checking out other women than they do men. However, this doen’t mean we’re all swinging the other way – rather, we’re just doing it for comparison’s sake.
Observing what the ‘opposition’ is wearing, height, cellulite, where she could have bought her handbag or whether she has gotten plastic surgery done are all part of the usual thought processes of a woman. But it’s not really a competition per se as 40 per cent of the 2,000 women polled said the comparison isn’t made in a spiteful way. But one in ten women do want to always look better than the other women. Here are a couple more interesting finds from the poll done by online retailer Swimwear365:
- 50% of the women said they ‘enjoy’ comparing themselves to their female colleagues, friends or even a random stranger on the street.
- 42% find that every woman has something to compare themselves to.
- 1 in 5 women likes to guess which country the other woman is from.
- 1/3 of the women polled said they would be more impressed by a female with a toned physique than a man.
- Almost half of them would compliment a female stranger on how they look and the subject of compliment would most likely be their clothes.
- However, 86% of them would NOT pay a random male stranger a compliment as they wouldn’t want the man to think it was flirting and 25% of this group thought it would go to his head.
- 43% of women won’t believe a man’s compliment about how they look, but if it’s from another woman, 50% said they would get a genuine buzz.
- 42% of these ladies dress up on a day to day basis NOT to impress the guys but their female peers instead. This includes the big nights out too.
- Women tend to notice the following on other women:
- Hair style
- Hair Colour
- Boob size
Swimwear365’s stylist Helen Boyle said, “Women check-out other women because they can relate to them and they know how hard it can be to keep a trim figure or maintain healthy hair, so there is obviously a genuine interest in how other females look.”
She added, “Equally when you receive a flattering remark from a woman you don’t know, it does mean more than if it came from a man perhaps as you think they may have an ulterior motive.”
Source and Photos: The Daily Mail