KUALA LUMPUR FASHION WEEK READY TO WEAR (KLFW RTW), THE HOTTEST FASHION EVENT IN MALAYSIA, WILL RETURN TO PAVILION KUALA LUMPUR FOR ITS FIFTH YEAR THIS MONTH!
One of Kuala Lumpur’s most anticipated fashion events is back! First debuting in 2013, the five-day event was created for Malaysian designers to showcase their brand new collections to local and international fashion enthusiasts. This year, fashion will return to Pavilion in full force!
From 16th to 20th August, around 150 designers from Malaysia and beyond will be exhibiting their largest ready-to wear collections on the runway. You’ll be able to spot designs from esteemed local designers Farah Khan and Cassey Gan, amongst many others, as well as discover brand new talents. We don’t know about you, but we love showing off our locally designed, exclusive clothing pieces and accessories! In addition, KLFW RTW’s official makeup partner, Bobbi Brown, will be flying in 10 of their professional makeup artists from all around the region to create stunning looks for the runway models, and we can’t wait to see what they come up with!
We’re especially excited for this annual event cos we’ll get the chance to nab some of the deluxe pieces for ourselves! Fashion mogul and founder of FashionValet, Vivy Yusof, says, “People act on impulse. What they see on the runway, they’ll want to own now. I always believe in ‘see now buy now’,as people don’t like to wait nowadays! In the fast-paced world of fashion, if you wait months to release the products, it’s very likely someone else has released them already.” Because Vivy totally gets us and our need for fast fashion now, some of the designs spotted on the runways will be available for purchase at FashionValet in Pavilion Kuala Lumpur! Isetan Suria KLCC will also be having a special pop-up store, so you’ll be able to grab some of your fave runway finds there too!
“I’ve always been a champion of Ready To Wear as I believe that it can be a major business category for the Malaysian designers.” – Andrew Tan, KLFW RTW Founder
KLFW RTW founder Andrew Tan adds, “I’m really excited for the fifth year of Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week! From the beginning, I’ve always been a champion of Ready To Wear as I believe that it can be a major business category for the Malaysian designers. What better way for KLFW to realise its goal of promoting Ready To Wear than to see it being sold right after the show? And for that, I’m truly excited!” We agree 100 per cent, Andrew!
5 things to LOVE about KLFW
1. It’s a platform that provides the opportunity for designers all over the ASEAN region to showcase their talent. Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week Ready To Wear 2017 has been working closely with Tourism Malaysia and AirAsia, and as a result, they’ve decided to invite six international guest designers from Australia, China, India, Japan, Philippines and South Korea to create a bilateral dialogue between local and international designers!
2. You’ll get to own the beautiful designs showcased on the runway! Since the collections are all Ready To Wear, you’ll be able to purchase the clothes, shoes and accessories you’ve been eyeing from the designers’ respective websites, at FashionValet’s Pavilion store and Isetan Suria KLCC’s temporary pop-up store.
3. KLFW RTW 2017 will be collaborating with Amazon Fashion Week TOKYO to send one Malaysian designer to Japan to display his or her best work at the show. We’re proud of our Malaysian talents, and we can’t wait for the rest of the world to give them some much deserved attention!
4. AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search 2016 winner Anuruk Jaidee will be debuting his very first complete runway collection. The Thai designer, whose palaceinspired designs captured the eye of judges Andrew Tan, Vivy Yusof and AirAsia Berhad CEO Aireen Omar, will be one of the contributing couturiers at KLFW RTW 2017, and we’re looking forward to his inaugural runway show.
5. We’ll be seeing lots of Malaysian influences in the showcased designs. In collaboration with Yayasan Noor Al-Syakur (YANAS), a foundation started by Tunku Noor Hayati and Tengku Temenggong of Kelantan to raise funds for those affected by the floods in 2014 to 2015, six emerging designers will launch their contemporary batik creations under the new Fashion Forward Ready To Wear: Batik Kelantan segment.
[KLFW RTW 2017 INSTAGRAM & FACEBOOK GIVEAWAY]
Log in to our Instagram @femalemag & Facebook @femaleMalaysia now to win designer piece from Thavia worth RM847!!
*Terms & Conditions apply