One lucky winner will walk away with this giveaway! Keep reading for details.
Fashionistas, block these dates on your calendar as Kuala Lumpur Fashion Week (KLFW) is happening from 21st to 25th August and you don’t want to miss out!
Now back for the seventh time, KLFW2019 is set to cement our city’s role as a fashion capital. Read on to find out what you can expect from this year’s glamorous fashion affair.
Kick-starting the event are 12 up-and-coming homegrown designers who will present their collections to the KLFW audience for the first time. Get ready to be wowed by the creative prowess of Behati, BevC, Duchess & Co, Maqilla, Mells, Pestle & Mortar Clothing, Phyn Studio, Rafeoff, Sierra Chong, Techniq, TNTCO and Wynka.
Powerhouses We Love
Malaysia’s fashion scene wouldn’t be where it is today without these names backing it up. Featuring the 10 most influential designers in the industry, KLFW will see the return of Afiq M, Alia Bastamam, Datuk Jovian Mandagie, Ezzati Amira, Fiziwoo, Innai Red, Mimpikita, Nurita Harith, Rizman Ruzaini and Syomirizwa Gupta to the runway.
It’s been a while since we last saw them on the KLFW stage but this year we’ll be treated to brilliant shows by Hatta Dolmat and Syaiful Baharim who will present their signature styles and remind us why we fell in love with their designs in the first place.
Did you know?
KLFW was first conceptualised in 2013 by founder Andrew Tan as a business-to-consumer platform for Malaysian designers to showcase their Spring/Summer ready-to-wear collections. The annual five-day event has since evolved into a highly anticipated do where the who’s who of the local fashion scene gather to evaluate the latest designs and be seen at the same time.
The Campaigns You Won’t Want To Miss
Aside from designers being the highlight of the week, KLFW is working together with industry partners to make the event a success. Be sure not to miss these collabs!
- #GoYourOwnWay by Oris watches: Four designers – A-Jane, Joshua Fitton, Ridduan Ismail (TTFGA) and Tengku Sharifah Khatreena Nuraniah – are selected to narrate their fashion-designing journey in this campaign.
- #WeAreNova by Huawei: Working together with the tech giant, KLFW is hosting a merchandisedesigning campaign where entries will come from seasoned designers as well as students who will come up with designs for the NOVA range. The winning designs will be presented during the Huawei Nova show segment at KLFW.
- #WhatDrivesYou by Lexus Malaysia: Highlighting one of Malaysia’s favourite designers, Alia Bastamam, this campaign tells her story of overcoming obstacles and challenges as the creative director of her company. Additionally, Lexus is also hosting a live doodling competition where participants will be able to express their art creatively on a mock-up of the Lexus NX Series. The winning designs will be transformed into a car decal, to be showcased in front of Pavilion Kuala Lumpur’s main entrance.
- Design to Sustain: In an effort to support sustainable and ethical fashion while aligning with the Commonwealth Fashion Council of the UK, AirAsia and the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals, KLFW is bringing back 13 young designers from the previous AirAsia Runway Ready Designer Search (AARRDS) to produce a look each by reconstructing bundle purchases into brand new designs to be showcased at KLFW.
- Fashion Forward Batik Malaysia: With the goal of elevating Malaysian batik, KLFW is working with champion of local arts and crafts, Kraftangan, to sponsor batik textiles to two Kraftangan in-house designers and four young designers to create modern, contemporary batik ready-to-wear to be showcased on the runway.
- HP Incubator x KLFW: In its mission to help designers be digitally-equipped, HP Malaysia will be introducing a six-month programme that allows fashion design students to participate in a curated tech-design workshop. Also, as the official notebook sponsor for the event, it will launch a limited-edition HP Spectre Series called the HP Spectre Folio in collaboration with design duo, Rizman Ruzaini.
We’re giving away a designer outfit from Cassey Gan worth RM1,500 and a pair of tickets to KLFW to one lucky reader!
View this post on Instagram
HOW TO WIN
Follow us on Instagram @femalemag!
Comment on this post and tell us the designer you are most looking forward to at this year’s KLFW!
Open to residents of Malaysia. Contest ends on 5th August 2019. Terms and conditions apply.