Read on to find out which model agreed to a selfie and who didn’t!
If you follow us on Instagram, you’d know that I’ve been in Shanghai for the past 2 days to cover the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show (thank you VS Malaysia!). And if you’re a huge Victoria’s Secret fan, you’d also know that this year’s show has been one of the most controversial ones in VSFS history.
It started with rumours surrounding who’d be the musical guests this year (since Katy Perry was announced to have been banned from performing in China). The controversy then continued on with Gigi Hadid being denied a visa, hence resulting in her having to miss walking the show (though Gigi wasn’t the only one who had trouble obtaining a Chinese Visa, as some Russian and Ukrainian models who was booked to walk the show also got their visas denied). But alas, the angels still put on a great show and I can’t wait for all of you to watch it when it airs on the 28th of November.
One of the perks of attending as a press was that I got to visit the backstage prep area where the models were getting their hair and makeup done.
All the press were only given 20 minutes each to cover whatever they can backstage. So let me break down how I spent my time for you to get a gist of how overwhelmed I was:
- 5 minutes of me getting starstruck
- 3 minutes of me trying to remember whether Romee is Elsa or Elsa is Stella
- 2 minutes of me fumbling around with my phone to get a stable connection for Facebook live
- 5 minutes of me searching the crowd for Candice, Alessandra and Josephine
- 5 minutes of me running around frantically trying to get enough footage for this story
That said, flip through if you’re curious to see what I managed to do in that last 5 minutes!