Just how much does a musician need to fall in love with his instrument to be able to completely master it? Here’s all you need to know about Dennis Lau and his upcoming concert.
Come 22nd October, Malaysians can get ready to experience a one-of-a-kind concert from accomplished violinist, Dennis Lau. ‘The Phoenix Rising’ will be held at the Mega Star Arena and over 2,000 fans are expected to attend the event. The best part is that fans can start warming up to sway to all-time favorites from Dennis’s friends — Ning Baizura, Syafinaz Selamat, Atilia Haron, Soo Wincci, Jimmy Sax and more — at the event.
5 things you need to know about Dennis and his violin
- He started playing violin at the age of eight and when he finished his ATCL Diploma at 15, he won the Outstanding Performance Award from Trinity College, London
- He has achieved a lot in a short span of time, including having the honour to perform for Adam Lambert at Bukit Jalil Stadium in 2010
- His phoenix violin was handcrafted by Alistair Hay, an Irish instrument maker, who also designed instruments for Chinese-American singer-songwriter, Wang Leehom
- His violin is made of carbon fibre and is extremely light
- For Dennis, the phoenix represents his mission to find ways to inspire the younger generation in music.
Tickets for ‘Dennis Lau & Friends, The Phoenix Rising’ concert are priced at RM499, RM299, RM169 and RM99, and sold at www.ticketcharge.com.my.