Do you have dreams of being a beauty pageant queen? You’re in luck!
One of Malaysia’s most prestigious and long-running beauty pageants, Miss Universe Malaysia has just opened up registrations for participants! Just fill in the registration form HERE before 21st July 2017.
To take part, you must be:
- A Non-Muslim Malaysian female citizen.
- Never married, divorced, or a mother.
- Between 18 – 26 years old on January 1st 2018.
- At least 168cm and above in height. (*sob* But don’t worry petite girls, there’s a pageant for you!)
- Able to communicate in English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, or Tamil.
- Able to embody all the “values and attribute of being a Miss Universe Malaysia”, which includes confidence, strong work ethics, commitment, professionalism, talent, grace, and beauty.
A pretty intimidating list, huh? And that’s before you attend the auditions! But stick to it, and you might be the next Miss Universe Malaysia!
Miss Universe Malaysia has been around since 1962 and past winners include Datin Josephine Fonseka (1970), Dato’ Yasmin Yusoff (1978), Datin Elaine Daly (2003), Andrea Fonseka (2004), Nadine Ann Thomas (2010), Deborah Henry (2011), Kimberley Leggett (2012), Carey Ng (2013), Sabrina Beneett (2014), Vanessa Tevi Kumares (2015), Kiran Jassal (2016) and most recently, Samantha Katie James (2017).
For more information, visit Miss Universe Malaysia’s website or Instagram. And if you’re curious about what it takes to compete in a beauty pageant, check out our Special Project Writer’s experience as a beauty pageant contestant right here.