Secrets to dewy, glowing skin.
No matter what kind of skin you have, perfecting your canvas before you begin will help you achieve a healthy glow. Taking the time to prep your skin is essential. Without thorough cleansing, exfoliation, and moisturising, any au naturel look will fall flat– literally!
Dewy skin should look slightly shiny and reflective – like you just scrubbed your face – instead of greasy, sweaty or overly shimmery. Get a flawless, fresh, and natural finish with these essentials!
1. For healthy and radiant skin, cleanse with a dedicated facial cleanser twice a day to remove impurities so your skincare and makeup go on better.
2. Invest in a good face scrub and use it to gently exfoliate skin with fingertips for at least a full minute. Rinse off and see a brighter, healthier glow!
Tip! Be sure to choose a scrub with fine, round exfoliating particles, or chemically exfoliate.
3. Always follow cleansing and exfoliation with a great moisturiser; pat onto skin with fingertips to encourage blood flow and circulation, and to prevent spots and blocked pores.
4. Spray on a facial mist after moisturising and before applying makeup. It helps foundation go on extra smooth to give you an instant dewy look!
5. Makeup matters too! Pick light liquid foundations that layer easily, and apply only where needed. The lighter the coverage, the more naturally radiant your face appears.
6. Apply a cream blush on the apples of cheeks and blend diagonally upwards towards your ears. Powder blushes tend to make foundation appear matte.
From the print edition.