From changing your parting to a natural remedy, try them all.
Who doesn’t want beautiful and healthy hair? Well, the only way to get it is to make sure you have a clean and healthy scalp. Here’s how:
1. Switch between shampoos to nip the problem in the bud. In a week, alternate, between a clarifying shampoo to exfoliate and remove dead skin, and one with dandruff-fighting or anti-fungal properties.
2. Instead of rinsing out immediately, allow the shampoo to sit on your scalp so it acts on dander. A minute is enough or as otherwise specified.
3. If you have dry lengths, only apply dandruff shampoo on the scalp (as the formula can be drying due to its harsh ingredients) and wash the rest of the hair with a moisturising formula for balance.
4. Hide a flaky scalp by avoiding severe hair partings or keeping hair straight. Zigzag hair partings and waves make flakiness less obvious.
5. Keen on a more natural remedy? Try the herbal route with a shampoo that contains rosemary. Oil extracted from the herb is an effective fungus fighter. Anti-inflammatory ginger is good too!
This article first appears in The female Guide to Asian Beauty — our first ever beauty book and it has tips, tricks, and a whole lot more – from skin to makeup to hair to body!
Get it now at major bookstores or via Magzter.
You might also like: